Did you know that one in four adults is caring for a loved one? Although the feeling of being there for a relative in need is important, it is often difficult to provide all the assistance necessary on a permanent, daily basis.
Home Instead was created with the goal to enable seniors to continue to live in the comfort of their own home and receive the assistance they require. You too deserve a break with a team of professionals CAREGivers who are qualified to step in to help and allow you to enjoy the time you spend with your loved one.
Home Instead home care services
For more than 20 years, Home Instead has been helping thousands of families wanting to provide home care services for a relative. Active around the globe, Home Instead has developed a wide range of expertise and home care services that enable your loved one to live where they are most comfortable. Our home care services include:
- Help with eating, planning and preparation of meals;
- Assistance with personal hygiene, bathing, toiletry, dressing and incontinence care;
- Assist with transfers and mobility;
- Post-operative and rehabilitation care following a medical procedure and requiring special assistance.
Specialized care: Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
Research has shown that, for someone suffering from Alzheimer's or another form of dementia, the fact of living in a familiar environment helps to overcome the challenges associated with memory loss. It is with that knowledge that we have developed an approach focussed on the person.
This unique approach:
- Enables the person to safely remain at home;
- Encourages the person to continue activities that they can still do on their own;
- Promotes interaction and proposes stimulating intellectual activities;
- Helps to manage behavioural changes and supports the family;
- Recognizes and valorizes the life course of the person.
Contact a Home Instead counsellor today for support and advice in your search for home care. Our team is available 24/7 to ensure you receive the help you and your loved one needs today.
For a free consultation in the comfort of your home.